Buck Gardner's Scrapbook Blog

Welcome to the Buck Gardner Scrapbook Blog. This area is where we post stories from our customers
about their fowl hunting experiences and use of Buck Gardner Calls. Email me with your stories and photos!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006


Hey Buck,
I just wanted to tell you about how well your new predator call works. We decided on a great place to set-up overlooking a nice field right off of a large swamp. It has tons of cover, but they have to break cover to get to ya no matter what area they come from. Unless something walks down the row of small cedars and trees that line a gully (about two foot deep) that we were going to be sitting on. We backed against a large cedar, me on the upwind with the 22-250 and my buddy on the downwind side with the 870. I started calling with your call and it sounded great echoing back through that swamp. After about 20 minuets on the stand I caught some movement in the tree line to my left just at the edge of the gully. I kept my eyes on the tall tan grass that covers the strip of trees, where I had seen the movement. I flipped the call around and started using the coaxer, just a few small squeaks and I stopped. After a couple of minuets nothing had moved. I found myself second guessing the movement in the tree line so I decided to check to my right. I slowly moved my head around and found nothing in the field, so I started to rotate my head back around to my left and poof! Right there in front of me slinking through to tall tan grass was a nice bobcat. It continued slipping through the grass when my buddy let out a small cough under his breath. The cat stopped dead in its tracks and sat down and stared through me to the other side of the cedar. When it couldn't look through me it started moving its head from side to side to look around me. When it did the wind blew a little and I lifted my gun out of the shooting sticks and into place. When it seen me move it just looked like "What was that?" The cross hairs rested on the white patch on its chest and BOOM. My buddy came around the cedar eyes wide. "Did ya get it?" I just laughed. "Yeah, check it out!" The cat was a whopping 7 paces away! His eyes got wider. "WOW! that is close!" You can only get a bobcat in close like that when you have a great sounding call. Thanks again! Great call!

Jeff