Buck Gardner's Scrapbook Blog

Welcome to the Buck Gardner Scrapbook Blog. This area is where we post stories from our customers
about their fowl hunting experiences and use of Buck Gardner Calls. Email me with your stories and photos!

Sunday, February 12, 2006






Hope you all had a merry Christmas!! Ours started out awesome but ended a little unfortunate. Started out Friday, for the Missouri goose opener, we killed 30 Canada geese and 9 mallards and a gadwall all by 9am (one of which that was banded). First two picks. (notice I smiled for you in this one!!! He he) the one is of Joel and his cousin Mathew who was on his first ever goose hunt (not bad to have your first goose hunt end with this many honkers dead. Day two 4 of us went out and shot 8 honkers by 9am and then we had to boogy to x-mas lunch at my in-laws before we headed to the x-mas eve service, then headed back to Illinois late that night to spend x-mas day with my family. The picture is me my father-in-law Bruce Tiffany and my two labs Chase (BLF) and her daughter Basel (2 YO YLF) This was Bruce's, and Basel's first goose hunt and they both got them a goose or two!! Then Monday my dad and brother went out in IL and he shot a banded goose.

Tuesday morning before we left Illinois to head back to KC, I took our dogs to the vet to have their rabbi shots done and I decided to go ahead and get them checked for heart worms as well, Basel was healthy as an OX and her test came out negative but unfortunately Chase's was positive for phase 2 heart worms. Luckily she hasn't shown any signs of the symptoms yet so we think we caught it plenty early, and she is doing fine after her first day of treatments. She has her second and final round of treatment today and then she has to be on doggy bed rest for 4-6 weeks with no extra activity because the treatment puts them under so much stress and it can cause blood clots, then 6 months later we will have to test her again so unfortunately last Saturday was her last hunt of the seasonvestock for years so I am pretty confident in there reassurance that she will make it through ok, they said they have only lost one dog from this that they treated and that was because she was too far along in the illness. I just thank God that I went ahead and got them tested for it, don’t know what I would do with out her. I just ask that you all keep her in your thoughts and prayers, Basel has been stepping up to the plate showing that she is ready to be starting so to speak, so I guess it will be her time to shine.


Thanks. And happy holidays!!!