Buck Gardner's Scrapbook Blog

Welcome to the Buck Gardner Scrapbook Blog. This area is where we post stories from our customers
about their fowl hunting experiences and use of Buck Gardner Calls. Email me with your stories and photos!

Sunday, August 06, 2006








My first coyote was taken in Snowville, Virginia on April 13. It was
an overcast afternoon. The buddies and I were supposed to go fishing
and they bailed after work. So with about 30 minutes of daylight left
I headed out to an area that I know hadn't seen a hunter in at least
three months. I parked my truck, unloaded the Hornet and quietly made
way into the woods, with my Buck Gardner rabbit squealer (the only
predator call of any kind at Wal-Mart in Galax, VA). It was about a 60
yard Hollow, with steep hills on either side. On one side was real
thick briars grown back from logging in years past. The other was
steep and had trees and your typical mounatian scene of leaves, and
green sprouting out. I know this isn't a typical time of year to head
out calling. But there's nothing better than experience, right? I
reached the spot where I decided to set up against a rotten log. I let
the woods settle back down for about 10 minutes. Then I started my
call sequence trying very diligently to put feeling into it as
instructed through articles of Predator Xtreme. Not wanting to
over-call after 4 sequences I started my pause. After this I heard an
animal prancing through the leaves. In my head I stated stupid
squirrels. You know the ones that sound like a 30-point buck during
deer season that get's your hopes up and your heart in your throat
when you haven't seen a deer all week, then prances out and reveals
himself. Well it wasn't. All of a sudden not two minutes into my call
sequence the alleged 100 pound squirrel showed itself. Or rather
themselves. It was two yotes - I didn't know what to do. I was never
expecting this day to come. I froze! Then gathering my thoughts I put
the crosshairs of my .22 Hornet right on his boilermaker. Squeezed the
trigger and he went into his deathtwirl just as seen on all the
calling videos. Then he was down.

I attached a picture of me and the yote. The yote looks better than I
do. It's a horrible picture of me. I also attached a picture of the
Buck Gardner call that I used and love!!

Aaron Morris