Buck Gardner's Scrapbook Blog

Welcome to the Buck Gardner Scrapbook Blog. This area is where we post stories from our customers
about their fowl hunting experiences and use of Buck Gardner Calls. Email me with your stories and photos!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Success Story


Just wanted to share my success story while using your Deer Caller's Combo deer grunt this past season.

My son-in-law & I had scouted out an area with good sign from what appeared to be a large buck. We had captured images of this buck on our trail camera earlier in the year so we suspected him to still be in the area but he had not shown himself. The area with the good signs was along a line that divided a pine thicket and a stand of hardwoods. I felt the only way to get him would be to get right in the middle of his area and call him out. Using your model DGRB-3-04 deer grunt, I worked the area for 2 evenings. It was getting close to dusk the second evening of using this strategy. I was about to give up for the day, stood up to stretch when he grunted back at me for the first time! The thicket he was concealed in was so dense I couldn't see him nor he me from what I gathered. I "mocked" him using your grunt call & this made him mad! I could hear him trashing around in the thicket between his grunts. I mocked his same noises angering him even more to the point I thought he was going to burst out on top of me! I could hear him working down my right side towards a clearing in the trail about 40 yards away. At this point I heard a grunt from another buck in the same thicket to my left! I continued to grunt & work the first buck. I knew he was about to show himself because I could now see brush moving. He stepped half out, head down & ready to charge. All I saw was rack! Concentrating on the shot I hit him dead on behind the right front shoulder as soon as it was exposed.
I could not have bagged this trophy without the life-like sounds generated using your product. Needless to say, I'll now have this grunt call around my neck on every deer hunt.

Sincerely,
Don Ball
Benton, Arkansas